Keep Your Summertime Spray Tan Fresh
Everyone wants a golden glow in the summertime. A spray tan is the best way to achieve this look. It’s healthy and does not damage your skin, but if you want to keep your sunless tan looking good when doing outdoor activities follow these easy steps.
1. Protect before you get wet. This can be with a good waterproof sunscreen. It will help to create a barrier between the water and your client’s skin.
HINT: We like sport spray sunscreens. Use a good aerosol sport spray sunscreen. These generally do not contain petroleum or mineral oils, which prematurely fade sunless tans. They are great for water-related fun because it is waterproof, which acts as a barrier between the water and the skin.
2. When you get out of the water PAT DRY with the towel. Do not wipe the skin. Patting dry will avoid friction that can wipe off the tan.
3. Do not use oil-based suntan lotions. As stated above, petroleum or mineral based tanning lotion, tanning oil and sunscreens will streak and prematurely fade a sunless tan.
4. Make sure to use a good daily moisturizing lotion when going back indoors. We recommend using a lotion that is specifically designed to work with sunless tans. Check the label for Petroleum and Mineral oils or “anti-aging” ingredients, which may strip the tan off.
5. Make sure to drink plenty of water. Water keeps the skin moisturized from the inside out and helps prevent dehydration while in the hot sun.
Enjoy your spray even longer when you take these simple steps.